My Roman Morning Walks /Bikes

My favorite time of the day in Rome is between 6 and 8 a.m. Especially in the summer the atmosphere is pure magic. These are the moments when Rome is mine.
I started doing these walks and bike rides in June 2012, when I realized that our wonderful year in Rome would soon be over. I literally woke up every morning at 6 and could not fall asleep again, because the very thought that it would soon be over jump-started my heart and pumped adrenalin into my blood.

So I got up, took my bike and roamed the streets. I keep the habit. Everytime when I am in Rome, I wake up early and go out.

Walking up the Spanish stairs to the Pincio on a warm summer morning when the heat is not yet on and the air is fresh, the sky is so blue is simply irresistable.










Also early in the morning is about the only time when you will be almost alone at the Fontana di Trevi. On any other time you can hardly walk across the street.



Also Campo dei Fiori and Piazza Navona at 7 a.m. are still deserted and beautiful.









My longest bike ride was down the Appia Antica until Parco dei Acquedotti and Cinecittà.







Streets like the one around the Colosseum or Bocca della Verità are suddenly almost car-free.






Piazza del Popolo is one of my favorites with or without the crowds.



I always discover new corners and see familiar places in a new light. Yes, the light is the best about these morning walks!











Comments

Popular Posts